Discover Bali: 10 places you need to know when in Bali
Bali is the best tropical island to discover any given time in year but preferably not during dry summer as it becomes too hot and humid, unless you want to get tanned. With sunshine shining throughout the year, Bali has a tropical monsoon climate, with pleasant day temperatures between 20 to 33 degrees Celsius, and rainfall there is unpredictable.
Balinese Culture is what makes the island different from other destination. As the most populous area of the island the southern part Bali is where you find most of the tourist spots, but recently as the trend has changed, people no more like to go visit crowded tourist spots, and prefer unexplored places during their travel.
Here are some of the best 10 spots you can visit while you exploring Bali, Indonesia:
- Nusa Dua- It falls in the southern most part of Bali, it is known for its modern and luxury staying arrangement and nightlife. It is one of the posh place in south Bali. You will find many luxurious villa and hotel across with best facilities and services to the customers. If you planning to have a relaxing and calm stay, this is the best place that can offer you what you looking for. Apart from this it also has many water activities spot, as the water here is clean and the beaches are less crowded compared to Kuta.
- Seminyak- This is the second most expensive place in Bali after Nusa Dua, here you can get the best fashionable high-end restaurants and bars, also its the best place for all shopaholic, who are fond of brands and would like to explore new things. It is upmarket with mostly luxury accommodation with sophisticated crowd and happening oberoi street and seminyak square.
- Beaches- Bali beaches range from palm-fringed white sand coasts on the island’s south such as Kuta, Nusa Dua and Sanur, to the cliff-guarded ‘hidden’ shores of Uluwatu, Padang Padang, Dreamland and Bingin. There are endless number of beaches in Bali as it is an island, you can see wide variety of beached with white to black sand across Bali, all you need to have is the time to explore them. They are best with both sunrise and sunset view. There are many beaches which are crowded and some with no crowd at all, Kuta, Seminyak, Legian are few beaches which are crowded and rest of them like Nusa Dua, Sanur, Dreamland etc are less crowded. If you want to have your own personal time, you can always opt for private beach by visiting some of the best resorts in Bali who offer you the private beach facility.
- Mount Batur- is an active volcano located at the center of two concentric calderas north west of Mount Agung on the island of Bali. People who are adventurous can plan a trekking over the mountain for a best sunrise view. Generally it take up to 2 hours to trek all the way up, and it starts post midnight, so depending where you guys are located your travel agency will book a transport to reach the spot and the trekking starts around 3:30 AM. It is a must for all trekkers and explorers.
- Temples: Each temple is unique. Be it the cloudy peaks of Mount Agung at the Besakih ‘mother temple’, the mysterious ruins of Goa Gajah, or the golden sunsets and silhouettes of Uluwatu and Tanah Lot. Proper conduct and temple attire comprising a waist cloth (sarong) and sash are required, available for rental or donation fees at all sites. Some of the must visit are: Ulawatu, Tanah Lot, Pura Ulun Danu Bratan, Pura Besakih..
- Ubud- It is one of the crowded tourist spot, there are endless activities to do while you in Ubud, say from Rice Paddy Terrace Cultivation, Shopping , Temples, till Monkey forest you can choose your time wisely and accordingly plan a day trip to Ubud. It is known for traditional crafts, culture and dance, where you may find people following all custom and traditions of the true Balinese Culture
- Water rafting and Scuba Diving: There are endless water sports available in Bali, starting from rafting till diving, all you have to do is book a best time and soak yourself in the fun splashing activities. Rafting adventure on the spectacular Ayung River with a 9.6km stretch and a 2 hours fun rafting session with experts. A great activity to do along with your friends and family. There are many other water activities like snorkeling, Parasailing, Jet Ski, Banana Boat, Water Ski, Intro Dive, Wake Board, Glass Bottom Boat to Turtle Island, Donut Ride, Fly Fish, Trolling Fishing, Parasailing Adventure, Fly Board and Sea Walker. Would suggest to do all the activities on a less crowded beaches like Sanur, Nusa Dua.
- Waterfalls: There are endless number of waterfalls in Bali, like Tegenungan Waterfall, Gitgit Waterfall, Blahmantung Waterfall, Nungnung Waterfall, Waterfall Kanto Lampo, Tukad Cepung Waterfall, Tibumana Waterfall and many more. Some of them are unexplored and few are known, its one of the best experience where one can merge with the nature.
- Nusa Penida- Nusa Penida is an island southeast of Indonesia’s island Bali and a district of Klungkung Regency that includes the neighbouring small island of Nusa Lembongan. It is called as a golden egg of Bali, and is the best destination for scuba diving. You can go through Ferry or traditional public boat called ‘jukung’ it is about 90 mins ride with scenic beauty on the way. You can plan a stay as a day trip will only allow you with 2 hours in hand to discover the island. There are some small, simple homestays and bungalows on Nusa Penida.
- Nusa Lembongan- is a small island next to Nusa Penida. Quickly becoming one of Bali’s most popular attractions, this island paradise is a world away from the hassle. Many areas around the island are good for diving and snorkeling, with abundant marine life and healthy coral. You can rent bikes and discover each island at your lease or you can always plan it with some tour guides.